Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Desserts from Rice to Riches and Pinkberry

Rice to Riches: Menu - summerOn the way home from Otafuku, I wanted to have some desserts and remembered that I haven't been to Rice to Riches in a while. Unlike my husband, I love rice pudding and this is definitely the place to go. They have many flavors available and some of them are seasonal. That night I decided to get a medium mango and tiramisu for to go since the place was packed and no seats available.

Their rice pudding was very creamy and smooth, so yummy! The mango was wonderful, it was not too sweet and there was a little tartness coming from the lime in it. The tiramisu was delightful, it was chocolate-y and very rich. The portion was generous and with no help from my husband, of course I couldn't finish it that night, so I kept it refrigerated for the following day.

Rice to Riches: Surrender to mango and Take me to tiramisu - epic Rice to Riches: Surrender to mango and Take me to tiramisu - epic (uncovered)
Surrender to mango and Take me to tiramisu


Pinkberry: StoreThen I noticed that there is a Pinkberry store couple doors down the road. I love their frozen yogurt, especially the green tea one. I heard that they have added a new coffee flavor in addition to the plain and green tea flavors. Of course I decided to go there and got a medium swirl of the three flavors with mango, strawberry and captain crunch toppings. As usual, it was tart, tangy and light, so addicted.

Pinkberry: Swirl frozen yogurt (plain, green tea, coffee) with mango, strawberry and captain crunch (inside)
Swirl frozen yogurt (plain, green tea, coffee) with mango, strawberry and captain crunch


With belly full we headed back home, what a wonderful weekend.

**********

Rice to Riches
37 Spring Street
New York, NY 10012
(212) 274-0008
http://www.ricetoriches.com/

Pinkberry
41 Spring St
New York NY 10012
(212) 274-8883
http://www.pinkberry.com/

No comments: