Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Lunch at LouCas

LouCas: ExteriorAfter the Sunday mass, we went out for lunch. We were in the mood for Italian but we didn't want to go to Manhattan, so we knew that we had to go to LouCas for an excellent Italian food in our area.

When we arrived, we were surprised that the place was quite empty, there were only several people. I knew what I wanted for an appetizer: fried zucchini. It was very good, thin and crispy. While my husband ordered the appetizer special of the day: cream of Maryland crab, which was creamy but lacking the crab meat.

LouCas: Fried shoe string zucchini LouCas: Cream of maryland crab
Fried show string zucchini and Cream of Maryland crab


For the entree, we both had the day's special. I ordered lobster ravioli, it was very good. The ravioli was huge and had enough filling, the sauce was smooth, so yummy. My husband ordered diver sea scallops, another good choice. The scallop was tender and not overcooked, the risotto was creamy and perfectly al dente.

LouCas: Lobster ravioli LouCas: Diver sea scallops
Lobster ravioli and Diver sea scallops


The service was friendly, however it was a little bit difficult to find our waitress once they had more customers. She was very busy, we even had to ask another waiter for our check. The ambience was good, definitely a place to bring in family for a nice lunch or dinner.

We were very full and had to skip dessert. I was okay with it since I remembered that I still had lots of desserts at home that I bought from Tafu and Bouchon Bakery yesterday.

**********

LouCas
9 Lincoln Highway (Route 27)
Edison, NJ 08820
(732) 549-8580
http://www.loucasrestaurant.com/

No comments: